Samstag, 13. Dezember 2008

Eagles of Death Metal

In some parallel, '70s-groove-askew universe it's Eagles of Death Metal who are the superstars, not merely the studiously dizzy spin-off of Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme and his Palm Desert school chum/lapsed journalist Jesse Hughes. Building forcefully on the charms of their '04 debut, their camaraderie foregoes ego (QOTSA mainstay Homme is EODM's drummer, pal Hughes its falsetto-voiced, ax-slinging rock star) for a retro, ambitiously naïve garage-rock-meets-boogie-down ethos that labors under the delightfully perverse misconception that the New York Dolls, Hot Chocolate and T Rex were all actually the same band - one that Muddy Waters and The Big Bopper occasionally sat in with. Less demented talents have pumped similar shtick full of self-conscious irony; here H&H simply grab it by the neck and shake furiously, yielding "I Gotta Feeling"'s Bolan boogie, the Stones-ish "I Like to Move.." and Dolls-swaggering "Keep Your Head Up," before moving onto such enticing genre demolition derby entries as "Ballad of Queen Bee and Baby Duck," "Chase the Devil" and the giddy "Shasta Beast." --Jerry McCulley




"I Want You So Hard (Boys Bad News)"


Eagles of Death Metal - Death By Sexy

Tracks:

1. I Want You So Hard (Boy’s Bad News)
2. I Gotta Feeling (Just Nineteen)
3. Cherry Cola
4. I Like To Move In The Night
5. Solid Gold
6. Don’t Speak (I Came To Make A Bang)
7. Keep Your Head Up
8. The Ballad Of Queen Bee And Baby Duck
9. Poor Doggie
10. Chase The Devil
11. Eagles Goth
12. Shasta Beast
13. Bag O’ Miracles

Enjoy!!

Death By Sexy






Reviews:

Rolling Stone (4/15/04, p.146) - 3 stars out of 5 - "[This Josh Homme side project] embraces a scuzzy, sexed-up and danceable brand of rock & roll."

Entertainment Weekly (3/26/04, p.73) - "Hughes' titillating vocal performance makes these Eagles soar." - Grade: A-

Uncut (5/04, p.93) - 3 stars out of 5 - "[S]ensationally good fun..."

CMJ (3/22/04, p.4) - "A fitting cover of Stealers Wheel's 'Stuck In The Middle With You' shows Homme's taut guitar rocking harder than the first QOTSA disc..."

Mojo (Publisher) (p.107) - 3 stars out of 5 - "[A] swaggering, intoxicating tight-but-loose debut."

"Cherry Cola"


Eagles Of Death Metal
Peace Love Death Metal

Tracks:

1.I Only Want You
2.Speaking In Tongues
3.So Easy
4.Flames Go Higher
5.Bad Dream Mama
6.English Girl
7.Stacks O'Money
8.Midnight Creeper
9.Stuck In The Metal
10.Already Died
11.Kiss The Devil
12.Whorehoppin (Shit, Gaddamn)
13.San Berdoo Sunburn
14.Wastin' My Time
15.Miss Alissa

Enjoy!!

Peace, Love, Death, Metal

Keine Kommentare: